This article is a jist on Sri Raghavendra Teerthas Pratah Sankapla Gadyam. It is said that, in a day, we do karmas (from day-night) that is sufficient enough for us to earn sins (paapa) that is enough for us to suffer in the next ten janmas. All the karmas that we do from dawn to dusk must be done by making Sankalpa and all such karmas must be presented to the lotus feet of Sri Hari. Sri Rayaru clearly indicates that we must present it to the lord so that those karmas does not put us in never-ending bondage.
Sri Rayaru starts the gadyam by saying that Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the prime Adhikaari for the Pranava (Om) Mantra that is described in words, voice, Rugveda mantra, Vishnu Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, Narayana Ashtakshara Mantra, VasuDeva Dwaadashakshara Mantra, Mathrukaa Mantra, and other sacred Mantras.
Sri Mukhya Praana Deva :
- Is sinless and demons (Kali) cannot touch him.
- Takes part in all the sacred activities of Vishnu, with the instructions of lord Vishnu.
- Very kind, ocean of mercy, loves devotees.
- The key god in all Vedas after Vishnu and Ramaa.
- Is famous as Akhanaashma.
- does 21,600 Hamsa Mantra chanting (japa) in a day in a person’s body
- Takes incarnation whenever Sri Vishnu takes avatar in different forms
- Took the roopa as Sri Madhvacharya in his third incarnation
Sri Mukhya Praana Deva ru, after being requested and praised by Brahma-Rudra and other gods, after being ordered by Sri Hari, took avatara of a saint (Sri Madhvacharya) to bless sajjanas on this earth. Thus, after taking incarnation, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva travelled across the Barata Khanda, defeated ill-debaters, wrote 37 grantha (Sarva moola), and established Sri Hari Sarvottamatwa.
- Thus, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva pleased Sri Hari by eradicating durmatha and establishing Vaishnava matha by writing Sarvamoola grantha. Therefore, sajjanas must perform the pooje of Sri Mukhya Praana Deva (Sri Madhvacharya) after performing Sri Hari pooje.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the Jeevotthama with Dwaathrimsha Lakshana (32 sulakshanas), without any doubts in the vishaya of god, and removes all difficulties and blesses devotees.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the one who has enlightened all the VaishnavaMantras along with the famous SapthaKoti Mahaa Mantra (7 crore mahaa Mantra). The Ashta MahaaMantras are: Pranava, Bhu-Buvaha-Swaha-Boorbuvahaswaha, Narayana Ashtakshara, VasuDeva Dwaadashakshara, Gayatri, Maatruka, Purusha Sukta, and Vishnu Shadakshara.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the one who always meditates about Sri Hari and excels in his bhakti, gets more and more happiness by this repeated meditation, and thinks of different forms of Lord continuously.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva thinks and meditates about the different forms (rupas) of Sri Hari at a time. These roopas are infinite, may or may not be quoted in Vedas and Upanishad. This ability of Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is called Gnopasamhaara.
- Alongside meditating about Sri Hari in these forms, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva also thinks about the complete characters of Sri Hari that are told in the Vedas along with his work in srushti, stithi, and laya, the acts of his body’s parts (alongside their jaathi (sajaathi, vijaathi, and ubhaya jaathi).
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva himself is kindful, ocean of pardon, bhaktavatsala, tolerates the errors of devotees, and removes devotees from ill path and puts them on the right path. For this, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva presents a devotee in front of Sri Hari and requests on behalf of a devotee saying to god that the devotee is god’s servant, filled with sadness, without protector, and at god’s feed seeking shelter. With this, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva requests god to do the Uddhaara of devotee/jeeva.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is somebody who has his minds always in the lotus feet of Sri Hari, remembers him, believes that he is supreme of all, and never has mind in anything apart from Sri Hari.
- Lord Sri Hari is the one who is present in all times, all places, bears everything, protects everything, creator, maintainer, and reliever. He is the one give Gaana, Agnaana, bandha, moksha. He is the one proclaimed by all words, made of all good qualities, flawless, cannot be imagined by Ramaa-Brahma, owner of everything, without having difference in moola and avatara roopas, and so. Sri Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the one who always sees and worships these qualities of Sri Hari.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the one without abhimaana (self-affection), away from all types of flaws (samastha dosha rahitha), and the one who gets his devotees relieved from dwesha (jealousy) and other flaws and makes them sacred hearted.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva always sees the miracles of lord Sri Hari and is never tied by nature (prakruthi). Therefore, he has no end, and is capable of destroying the sins of his devotees.
- There is no difference between the following forms (roopas) of god: Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Sankarshana, Vasu Deva , and Sri Lakshmi Vedavyaasa. He is the body of all the elements in this universe, and he is the one sleeping in the ocean of milk as Sri Padmanaabha, without any difference in his moola roopa and avathaara roopas.
- The previously mentioned four forms of lord came from the original form called Sri Naaraayana that is worshipped by Brahma and Sri Mukhya Praana Deva ru. In these four forms, Lakshmi serves Sri Hari in different forms in each of his roopas. In Aniruddha, she becomes Shanti; in Pradhyumna, she becomes Kruthi, in Sankarshana, she becomes Jaya.
- A jeeva gets upadesha from Brahma and other gurus on the basis of the eligibility of a jeeva and as directed by Sri Hari. After this upadesha, the jeevas worship the form of god that is preached to them and get Aparoksha Gnaana to get rid of Praarabdha Karma through Bogha and enter the body (shareera) of Sri Hari.
- Those who get rid of the Praarabdha Karma take bath in Virajaa River (along with Brahma), donate any of their earned Punya to those who depend on them, and stay in meditation in lord’s stomach (udhara) during the Pralaya.
- Sri Hari himself is called ‘Shoonya’, ‘Kaala’, ‘Kevala’, and ‘Brahma’. There is no difference between any of these forms he takes (within themselves and with the moolaroopa). He is also called by the names Gayatri, Bhootha, vaak, Pruthivee, Shareera, and Hrudaya. He himself is there inside Sri Mukhya Praana Deva and Shee Lakshmee. He bears three forms in Vaikunta, Ananthaasana, and Shwetha Dweepa, and he is the original (bimba) of all the jeevis.
- Sri Devi, who is also described and meant by all words shines as different weapons (ayudha) in the hands of Sri hari.
- Sri Hari is the one proclaimed by Vishwa and other names of Bhagavadroopa; the one proclaimed by ‘aa’ and other words, the one proclaimed by all mahaamantras, the one proclaimed by Bhoovaraaha and other names. Thus lord Sri Lakshmi Naryana, an ocean of mercy, who favors devotees, bears errors of devotees, controls and body and mind of all bodies, is the flag (dwaja) of SooryaVamsha, RaghukulaThilaka, brother of Lakshmana, Bharatha, Shathrughna, and with feet that are worshipped by Hanumantha, and bears the name of Sri Ramachandra.
- Sri Raamachandhra, you provoke, you order, and stand in the minds of we all to get the work done. I do my karma only as per your wishes and would never devitate your wills. Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is an ocean of mercy, loves devotees, sarva swami, sarva preraka, destroys (bhanjaka) demons, and hence Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is called by the word Prabhanjana.
- Sri Mukhya Praana Deva makes the jeeva do karma every day, every second, purifies mind, and also stays with the jeeva to do it himself and get it done by the jeeva. Sri Mukhya Praana Deva offers all the karma to SriHari, has extreme interest in all the karma he does, watches all the karms that the jeeva does, and also never forgets that all the karms done by jeeva (himself) is owned by SriHari. There is no one other than Sri Mukhya Praana Deva who has this anusandhaana.
- Therefore, Sri Mukhya Praana Deva is the only one who understands that you are swathanthrya, not different from your character, roopa, and work. You do karma as per you wish and nobody else can do what you can do. He also understands that you are the lord Kapila who has always blessed him. He knows that you are far away from all flaws (doshas) and famous by the ‘Naaraayana’ name, knows your will and thinks as per your will and wish, gets praised by Rudra, Shesha, and other abhimaani Deva thes, and becomes the controller all our work when in active (jaagrutha), dreams (Swapna), faintness (moorche), and maranaavasthe (mumoorshaa), and other conditions.
- As I get up from my sleep, I remember you then itself, throughout the day, based on my eligibility, and do your pooje within my limits and abilities. I make my relatives and other people do your pooje.
Sri Rayaru thus ends the grantha by saying that Sri Raamachandra and Sri Mukhya Praana Deva ( Madhvacharya) will bless whoever chants and remembers this sthothra everyday early morning.